Hair Is Artistry Too
HAIR & BODY by Chenita
Cosmetologist * Elite Personal Fitness Trainer * Photographer *
Please understand that everyone safety is important. In order to diligently and safely serve our clients during this time please note the following... This is a private salon suite and although a mask is not required and is the option of the client (your personal choice to wear one or not) for and during your appointment. You are not required to wear one, however, if you are sick (cold/flu or anything) or unsure if you are sick (have symptoms), please choose to wear a mask or kindly reschedule your appointment. We will provide disposable mask for clients who arrive without them if you need one. Thank you for your understanding.
10 Healthy Hair Care Tips
1. Drink plenty of water
2. Eat Fruits and Veggies daily
(improper nutrition can lead to premature hair loss)
3. Get enough rest/sleep
(a lack of sleep can lead to stress and stress is one of the possible factors in pre-mature balding and hair shedding)
4. Speak to your doctor about any vitamins your body may be lacking.
(Biotin, D, Iron, C, A, Zinc, and Omega 3)
5. Pure Castor oil is great for aiding in growing edges and thinning areas.
6. Deep condition your hair at least once a month. (put on a cap/bag while in the shower to substitute for a salon steam treatment)
7. Have your hair ends professionally trimmed at least 1-2 times a year when possible.
8. Protect your hair with a wig cap while wearing wigs or quick weaves.
9. Minimize tension with having your hair braided or cornrowed and allow your hair to breath at least 7 days in between repeated braiding styles.
10. Wrap your hair at night with a satin or silk scarf or bonnet
** And for all my ladies who live in colder climates be extra careful with scarves and wool coats they can rub against your hair line and cause extreme breakage over time. wear a silk or satin coat scarf as a barrier between the nape of your neck and your coat/scarf. **
Leave- In Conditioner is and always will be your friend just ensure to use sparingly. My favorite is "ITS A 10"